Well, sometimes it all works out, and sometimes it doesn't. I was in the Field Museum in Chicago, using 400 speed black and white film, pushed one stop, and 800 speed Lomography. While I did occasionally meter what I was going to shoot, I clearly didn't meter often enough. Also, I forgot that I had pushed the black and white film when I developed it, so I didn't leave it in the developer long enough. My fault, of course. Also, and this is harder to explain, the negatives didn't dry clean. No idea on that one, since it hasn't happened in, well since I started using photo-flo.
Some of the images still came out quite nicely. That gives me hope.